Update on the Budget pt. 2

Although we started back in October, one of our New Years Resolutions was to work on our budget.  I'm proud to announce that with the changes we've made so far by reducing our fixed monthly expenses, Doug and I will be saving $4000 this year! 
**Shout out to Doug's employer for paying for his MBA so that he could perform that complex calculation for me.

Next, we've decided to tackle another area of our personal finances.  Shopping.  I have always loved fashion, clothing, and personal style.  While my shopping (or Doug's for that matter, haha, my little fashionisto husband) has never been a huge drain on our budget, it's an area of my life where I always find myself "wanting more."   I often feel like I'm not quite fashionable enough, not accessorized quite right, or missing some mysterious key wardrobe component.  I have a closet (and let's face it, half of Doug's closet) bursting with clothes, and I fairly regularly throw myself on the floor and sigh dramatically until I get Doug's attention.  "What's wrong lady?" he asks me.  "I. have. nothing. to. wear." I croak out as if this could be the end.

And so, I've decided to participate in a little challenge developed by Kendi that is known as the 30 for 30

The Rules:

1. Pick 30 items or less from your closet. Shoes are included, but accessories and jewelry are not.
2. Remix the 30 items into 30 different outfits.
3. Don't shop for 30 days.

I am excited about being forced to be creative with the 30 items and finding new ways to wear my favorite pieces.  I am hoping that this challenge will help train me to go shopping in my closet before I rush off to the mall.

Most days at work, you will find me in this, so I my outfits will mostly be after work and weekend ensembles.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment