Welp, we are still working away at Casa Hulse. Doug has done soooo much, and I thought that it would be fun to do a little update. All photos taken with my iPhone...and I didn't clean up at all before I took these pictures. You get what you get ;)
|Before: Kitchen sink area|
Mirrored backsplash removed, coke bottle glass removed from uppers, dishwasher installed
We are also in the process of painting the cabinets white!!
|Before: Kitchen and back door|
|After: New back door, it's hard to tell from the picture, but recessed lights added (lights in this picture are the pendant lights above the island)|
|Before: Wall of knick knacks|
|Another before: View from other side of the wall|
|After: No Wall!!! Wood paneling removed, new flooring and baseboards, overhead lighting, popcorn ceilings removed|
|Before: A view of the kitchen floor and island|
|After: New flooring, kitchen island spiffed up and painted|
Doug also finished the island countertop last week!
|Before: Master Bedroom|
Walls are a greyed aqua, popcorn ceiling scraped, ceiling fan installed, rewired, new carpet
|Before: Girls room/Star Trek memoriabilia storage room|
Wood paneling removed, wall is a light coral, wall sconce removed, ceiling fan installed, rewired, retextured
|Before: Built in desk in girl's room/Armor storage|
|After: Built in|
|Before: Playroom/Storage Room??|
Walls are a purple-grey, popcorn ceiling removed, wall sconce removed, rewired
|Before: Bathroom including avocado green flower stickers on the tub floor|
Violet Elizabeth is five months old! Man, she's getting close to one of my favorite ages- six months. I love the beautiful baby skin at this age, the squishy cheeks, and the screams and giggles. It's the cutest!
Stats at 4 months:
13lbs 15oz (50%)
24 inches (50%)
At five months you:
- Are pretty darn good at grabbing toys and immediately bring everything to your mouth.
- Love the jumper! Kennedy loves it too...and keeps trying to climb into it.
- Squeal, scream, and laugh.
|Should have cropped my worn out slippers out of this pic...I really need a new pair.|
- Take two naps usually and sleep 7-7 with a 4:30 feeding.
- Rolled over a few times yesterday.
- Are looking a LOT like Auntie!
- Are just the happiest, sweetest little thing! We love you Smiley Viley!
- We are also having a very hard time with Violet's skin. She is terribly rashy and itchy. Right now she is on a cocktail of prescription creams, but I would love to figure out the root of the problem. I tried cutting dairy out of my diet and have now moved on to gluten, but so far, nothing is helping. Please keep our little Violet in your prayers!