19 Weeks

I'm almost half way there, and I'm starting to feel better like woah!  I haven't thrown up in almost a week, *please don't let this jinx it* and I have so much more energy.

Doug and I are going to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary this weekend in Las Vegas, and I can't wait!  We're going to lay by the pool, eat lots of delicious food, play craps, see a show, and maybe even go to club if I have the stamina to make it there... and if the bouncer doesn't notice that I'm knocked up.  I'm thinking a loose dress for that night...

An update on my pregnancy:

How Far Along: 19 weeks, 4 days

Size of baby: The size of a large heirloom tomato...um...not a good frame of reference for me...

Total Weight Gain: 7 lbs

Gender: GIRL!!!!  Man oh man, my every dream has come true!!!  I've been going headband crazy; I haven't bought any clothes yet, but I have tons of crafting supplies!  This adorable little dress was a gift from Becca and Kelly.  The headband?  Made by me!!


Movement: I felt her kick on Saturday after a long bike ride to the pier!  It's not really like people described it to me.  It feels more like a muscle twitch than fluttering or tickling, but it's so amazing!  I wish that Doug could feel it, but it's definitely too soft right now to get through the fat layers on my stomach.

Sleep: I've been getting up at least once a night to pee, but I'm actually sleeping pretty well.

What I miss: Stinky cheeses!  I'm going to ask at my Doctors visit this week if I can eat them if they're made with pasteurized milk.  I may or may not have been eating them anyway lately...  Baby wants them...

Cravings: Shave ice!  A few weeks ago Rachel and I went on "Mission Find Shaved Ice."  We found out that they sold it at the Hermosa Beach pier.  Since then, I've discovered that shave ice is the new cupcakes, and there are little shops popping up everywhere!


Symptoms: Huuuuge boobs, shortness of breath after freaking walking across a room, loss of bladder control (tmi? but seriously, I feel like I'm on the verge of peeing my pants at all times...)

Maternity Clothes: I haven't bought any actual maternity clothes, but I have bought some new tops to accommodate my growing bump.  I'll get some pictures of them while we're in Vegas.

Best Moment this week: Feeling her kick!

And now, a bump picture!  I'm showing!  But I have to belt my clothes to clarify that I'm not just a little puffy down there.


P.S. Between the time I started writing this post and actually posted it, I barfed.  

1 comment: