Bed Resting

So, here's the scoop:  It was two weeks ago today.  I was driving to work and talking to my mom and Cliff on the phone on speakerphone.  I was miiiiserable.  Getting to work every day was a huge struggle; I felt terrible, and I was seriously considering quitting my job.  This is what we were talking about.

Truly, I thought that this was normal.  I was 30 weeks pregnant.  Doesn't everyone just feel terrible by this point?  I started to feel extremely light headed, so I pulled over at a gas station.  I got out of the car to see if changing my positions and getting some fresh air would help.  When I stood up, I started seeing spots in my vision, so I put my head between my legs.  Maybe it's because we live in LA and everyone minds their own business, but I remember looking around as things started to go black and wondering if anyone was going to help me.  There was a man walking by who I silently cried out to, but I think I was too out of it by that point to actually verbalize my panic.  I sat down on the ground and the gas station because I knew that I would fall over if I didn't.

When I was able to get up, I got back in the car and called Doug.  He was on his way to get me.  I ordered him to call the doctor to ask if we should go into the office or straight to the hospital.  Honestly, I was hoping that if I made a big deal out of this, the doctor would let me get off work early.  I had no idea  at the time how grateful I would be that we ended up going to the hospital.

To add some drama and because this is getting long, TO BE CONTINUED...

And just for fun, a picture of my belly at 28 weeks...in Hawaii...soo glad this trip happened before our big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment