high school reunion

My ten year high school reunion is in October.  So, here's my question.  Are high school reunions becoming obsolete?

Let's face it.  You go to a reunion to see what everyone is up to, meet their spouses, and see who got hot after high school.  We have Facebook now.  I know all these things.  I know more than I ever wanted to know about most of these people.  I know where they went on vacation this year; I know what they ate for dinner last night; I see daily updates of their kids and dogs.

A few years ago I ran into a friend from high school at a random bar in Santa Monica.  Actually, Doug ran into her.  Had she ever met Doug?  No.  She instantly recognized Doug from my Facebook and knew that he was my husband.  The same thing happened last Christmas when Doug was surfing in Santa Cruz.  Jimmy's best friend growing up recognized Doug in the water and struck up a conversation with him.  So, either Doug has such a sexy, unforgettable face that everyone instantly recognizes him, or this is just the world we live in.  I'm going with the sexy face.

Am I going to go?  Yes.  I'm excited to reminisce and catch up with old friends.  Mostly, I'm excited for a night out and an excuse to dress up with my husband and my friends that I still see all the time.

Graduation.  The first time I ever straightened my hair.  And I never looked back.
Choir practice


Jimmy's dread phase.
Small group fancy dinner.
Sorry prom friends for ruining this picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment