ME WANT COOKIE!

It was a lazy Saturday night at the Hulse house.  After a lovely morning of shopping, a photoshoot for our Christmas cards (WOO HOO!), and a black and bleu pizza from Lazy Dog cafe, Doug and I decided to go back to the house to watch some Mad Men and take a little snooze.  Well, to be honest, only I took a little snooze.  I am a HUGE fan of naps, and Doug is...well... not so much.  I slept away blissfully on the couch as Doug glared at me for 2 hours.  He's really good at that.  Glaring, I mean.  He doesn't even blink or look away.  I try to remind him that I'm sleeping, and I won't see him if he cheats and glances at the TV during my siestas, but he insists.  Disciplined little bugger, huh?

ANYWAY, I woke up at around 7 pm, and Doug asked me what I wanted to do that evening.  I told him that I wanted to decorate Christmas cookies.  I was kind of kidding since it was already 7 at night, nearly our bedtime, even after my nap, and we didn't have any cookies, cookie cutters, food coloring, or anything to decorate the cookies with.  Within five minutes, Doug had whipped up the dough for sugar cookies, dug a lone Christmas tree cookie cutter out of a drawer, and looked up a recipe for frosting.  While the dough chilled, we walked over to Von's and picked up some decorating supplies.  When we got back to the house, Doug used our one cookie cutter to cut out some trees and found other creative ways to make Christmas-y shapes.  By 8 pm, we were ready to decorate!  That's my man, just call him Martha Dougbert.




No comments:

Post a Comment