13 Weeks

Let's just say that my first trimester hasn't exactly been a walk in the park.  I've puked in a plastic bag in the car, in the church bathroom, in the sink, well, you get the picture...  Fortunately, my job is extremely flexible.  On days when I couldn't manage to get out of the bathroom for awhile in the morning, I just didn't go to work until I could.

I'm not going to post a baby bump picture yet because, well, I don't have one.  I haven't gained any weight, and I can't really eat anything but lime Popsicles, cereal, and cornbread.  Fortunately, I haven't lost any weight either, so the doctor isn't worried at all.  Speaking of what I've been eating, let's talk a little bit about cravings.  Here are my thoughts:

Think about a time that you've had a really terrible stomach flu.  Got it?  Well, you know when you get to that point where you are STARVING, but even the thought of food makes you feel like throwing up again?  Well, that's kind of what I feel like.  Now imagine that you are able to come up with one item of food that you think you could maybe eat without throwing up yet again.  That is what I am calling "cravings."  Maybe other women have had other experiences, but this is my blog.

Now for the deets:

  • My due date is November 26th, two days after Doug's birthday!  I'm hoping that the baby comes early so that my brother can meet the baby at Thanksgiving since he won't be able to come back home until Christmas.  
  • There is only one baby.  Phew.  That may have been my worst fear.  Well, that's not entirely true.  Today, at our ultrasound appointment, when the image came up, the baby wasn't moving.  "Well, it's dead," I thought to myself.  Always the optimist.
  • Boy or girl?  The doctor's "hunch" is girl based on our ultrasound today.  The little person decided to spread it's legs nice and wide.  Of course, it could just not be developed yet.  Which do we want?  Well... I love bows.  And Doug would LOVE to finally have a little girl in the family after his parent's 6 boys.  Buuuut... I would love to have a big brother in our little family.  And Doug would love to have a little surfer buddy.  I keep telling him that our daughter could surf with him too.  Sexist pig...
  • Fun fact?  I am participating in a pregnancy study.  I get paid $250 each time I donate 3 vials of blood.  The purpose of the study is to try to develop a safe alternative to amnio by targeting fetal cells in the mother's blood.  Moral of the story: I'm rich!  And I get to spend all my hard earned (or bled) money on maternity clothes!  I probably won't because it sure will be nice when it comes time to buy strollers and such.
I promise to have some pictures up soon AND to be more regular about my blog posts!  Growing a baby is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment