Woah.


Man, oh man.  This picture makes me laugh.  Right after we found out that I was pregnant, my mind kicked into blogger mode.  "Ok Doug, we need to document this."  Welp, we didn't take a single picture with both of us smiling.  I think that we were both still in shock.  I mean, I know what happens when two people love each other very much, get married, and eventually stop "preventing," but I guess I just wasn't expecting it to happen so fast.  Like 12 days later...SURPRISE!

Here's how it happened:

  1. Lizzie decides to get hair highlighted.  Realizes she should probably take a pregnancy test just incasers before putting chemicals on her head.
  2. Takes dollar store pregnancy test in bathroom at work (I keep it classy.)
  3. Pregnancy test is negative.
  4. Lizzie gets her hair highlighted and celebrates her new bangs at a margarita happy hour with Doug (fortunately, the margarita was too sweet, and I only drank half of it.)
  5. One week later, Lizzie takes another test.  There is a faint line.
  6. Shows test to Doug.  He doesn't buy it.
  7. Three days later, Doug insists that Lizzie buy a digital pregnancy test (those dollar store ones are crap.  Really, how can you tell if it's a line?)
  8. Doug and Lizzie can't stand waiting for the test to develop, so they close the bathroom door and decide to clean the kitchen while the test develops.  Doug opens bathroom door and looks down at test.  He then shuts to door really fast and looks at Lizzie with eyes as wide as saucers.
Yep.  There's a baby in there.

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post. Worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha they never believe the faint line! Tim always wants to see the digital ones too. so excited for you guys! just so you know, the 2nd trimester is WAY better than the first. :)

    ReplyDelete