Be Mine

I've been feeling very Valentines Day-y lately.  Big news: Doug and I have decided to actually celebrate Valentines Day this year (something that we haven't done since the first year that we were dating).  I've never been a big fan of Valentines Day.  Maybe it's a result of all the years I spent experiencing it as "Singles Awareness Day."  Maybe it's because Valentines Day candy sucks.  Conversation Hearts?  Really?  But why not spend an evening celebrating our marriage?  God has blessed me with a man that I love and admire.  Often times, we take our awesome marriage for granted, and don't take the time to recognize and rejoice in the gift that we have.

Also, I am really into pink and red as a color combination right now.  It's just amazing.  And hearts!  Aren't they just the cutest shape ever?  So here I sit, in front of my computer, wearing my new red pajama pants with hearts on them with a pink tank top, wishing that Doug would come home so that we could pick a restaurant for our first married Valentines Day (or 4th, depending on how you look at it.)

My lover is mine, and I am his.
Song of Solomon 2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment