I'm back!

Did you miss me? 

Our move has been totally crazy.  When I was in college, I moved into a new apartment every year, no.big.deal.  Man, oh man, it sure is different when you have an entire house full of treasures.  I am not a pack rat.  At all.  In fact, I would call myself the opposite.  I tend to throw things away and then wish I had them.  Doug's favorite story about this is when we were on vacation last October in Europe.  I brought a purple sweater dress with me that was starting to get "bally."  That's what I call it anyway.  Most people would call it "pilled," but what?  Ball-y.  Those little bumps on the sweater?  Balls.

So, the first time on the trip that I wore the sweater, I could not get over the beginnings of those little balls.  By the time we went back to our hotel to get ready for dinner, I just couldn't take it anymore. I ripped off my sweater dress and threw it in the garbage can.  "Away with you!" I yelled.  Doug looked at my like I was crazy and asked if I was SURE that I wanted to throw my dress away.  "Positive!" I answered.

A few days passed and I was trying to figure out what to wear with the limited wardrobe that I had packed.  I rifled through my bag, looked up at Doug, and said, "I wish I wouldn't have thrown away my sweater dress."  Boo.  He wins that round.

Point of this story: We're almost done moving, but I don't say we're done until we're done.  My arms are ridiculously sore from scrubbing everything from floor to ceiling at our old place, but we are finished over there and should be getting our full deposit back.  We need to hang a few pictures, find homes for the last few things in the guest room, and then, all will be peaceful.
RIP Purple Princess Dress.  We had some good times together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment