Home Maker

I guess we don't really call it that anymore, but as of last Friday, I am officially a "home maker."  Doug and I had always planned on me quitting my job when we had kids, and now that Kennedy's here, that desire is so much stronger.  Kennedy is such a little peanut still.  I can't imagine leaving her.  I had to go in for a day of work in order to clean out my desk, hand off my work, etc, and even being gone for that day was hard.

Doug stayed home with her the day that I went in (he had that Friday off), and he did such a good job.  We had been practicing giving her a bottle the whole week leading up to it, and she will gulp those things down!  At one point during the day, he called me and asked, "So what do you do with her when she's awake."  I thought that was so funny.  He doesn't see her awake that often because she still sleeps 20 hours a day and is usually asleep or ready to go to sleep and fussy when he gets home.


Leaving my job is bittersweet because it was truly an awesome job!  I had wonderful coworkers, customers that were great friends, and the best boss ever.  Not to mention the pay was good, and I got a company car. I hope whoever takes my position enjoys and appreciates it as much as I do.

Now it's time to learn what moms do.  Should I cut coupons since our income is halved?  Should I start cooking dinner?  That was always Doug's thing.   I do clean a mean house though.


Kennedy's completed room photographed by the Figs.


Can't wait to kiss tiny baby toes all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment