My (pre) Birth Story

I feel a little bit guilty writing my birth story because I feel like I'm bragging a little bit.  Remember how said I had magical contractions?  Well, they remained magical.

My doctor took me off of bed rest when I hit 36 weeks.  What a relief!  I had been on my back for 5 weeks, and I was done!  I wanted an opportunity to clean the house before I went in to labor (Doug had done a great job of keeping the house clean while I was on bed rest, but I was a nesting, anal, crazy person.)  I set to work scrubbing the house, but I was so weak after spending so long doing nothing that it took me over a week to get everything done.  There were lots of breaks and naps in between.

I continued to go to my doctor twice a week for non stress tests.  Each time I went in, my doctor would be SURE that this was the last time she would see me.  I was continually having contractions and was dilated 2 cm by the end of my 36th week.

By the beginning of my 37th week, I had regained my strength.  My house was spotless, and I was running errands and hanging out with friends while Doug was at work.  I began going for longs walks.  I wanted this baby out of me.  While my contractions weren't painful, I could identify them.  There were times when they got so close together that we began timing them and packed our bags, but they slowed down again. I was frustrated.

Rachel, Corey, and Mary Beth threw me a beautiful baby shower in Long Beach.  It was absolutely lovely.


I was very eager to meet my little girl, and due to the issues I had during my pregnancy, my doctor decided that she would induce me at 39 weeks.

We waited.  Waited.  Waited.  No baby.  My sister came down to hang out with me.  We waited.  My mom   and Cliff came down.  It was the night before my induction.


The only picture I can find that shows my full pregnant glory.

What a surreal night knowing with certainty that I would meet my baby girl the next day.  That night, I had the weirdest dream of all time.  I got attacked by a great white while paddle boarding to the hospital.  My baby was born Filipino.  Whoops.  Wrong baby.  These are your twin boys.  You can choose one.

We woke up at 4:30 am on the November 22 and head to the hospital to meet our sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment